Several years ago I taught an online embellishing class titled “Mildly Titivating” and “Wildly Titivating” featuring a series of mini embellished art quilts which were a lot of fun to make. I’ve been spending some time lately reformatting the lessons into downloadable projects and I’ve finally finished the first one – On a Starry Night in India – which was one of my favorites. I just love those shisha mirrors!
This art quilt finishes at approx 6″ x 8″ so it doesn’t take forever to complete, and it’s machine pieced and hand embellished.
The pdf document includes step-by-step instructions showing you how to make this project and you will learn:
- raw edge patchwork
- how to attach shisha mirrors
- how to make fringe dangles
- hand beading and hand embroidery techniques
- I’ve decided to throw in a bunch of bonuses including:
- the jpg image of the elephant so that you can print it onto fabric and if you don’t want to print it onto fabric yourself, I’ll do it for you!
- online access to a photo gallery displaying 45 close-up images of the project
- online access to three short supporting videos – 10 minutes in total – demonstrating:
– how to sew seed stitch
– how to attach shisha mirrors
– how to bead on fabric
And stay tuned – I’ll be releasing some more mini art quilt projects very shortly.