Several years ago I taught an online embellishing class titled “Mildly Titivating” and “Wildly Titivating” featuring a series of mini embellished art quilts which were a lot of fun to make. I’ve been spending some time lately reformatting the lessons into downloadable projects and I’ve finally finished the first one – On a Starry Night in India – which was one of my favorites. I just love those shisha mirrors!
This art quilt finishes at approx 6″ x 8″ so it doesn’t take forever to complete, and it’s machine pieced and hand embellished.
The pdf document includes step-by-step instructions showing you how to make this project and you will learn:
- raw edge patchwork
- how to attach shisha mirrors
- how to make fringe dangles
- hand beading and hand embroidery techniques
- I’ve decided to throw in a bunch of bonuses including:
- the jpg image of the elephant so that you can print it onto fabric and if you don’t want to print it onto fabric yourself, I’ll do it for you!
- online access to a photo gallery displaying 45 close-up images of the project
- online access to three short supporting videos – 10 minutes in total – demonstrating:
– how to sew seed stitch
– how to attach shisha mirrors
– how to bead on fabric
All this for only $12.00!
And stay tuned – I’ll be releasing some more mini art quilt projects very shortly.
You might also like ...
Thank you so much for stopping by!
If this is your first time visiting I'd love to keep in touch.